VP of Engineering, Services
Oversee services department of wireless communications testing equipment company in Charlottesville; supervise all department staff, finances and operations. Must have Bachelor’s in Bus. Admin. or related field or work equivalent; five-years’ executive-level management experience in telecom or wireless industries, including responsibilities for finances and daily operations of test facility; and be able to travel approx. 2 times per month for 2-3 days domestically and 4 week-long trips to Europe or Asia per year.
Send resumes to Tonya LaRose, Frontline Test Equipment, P.O. Box 7507, Charlottesville, VA 22906-7507.
Developer Sales Manager
Frontline Test Equipment, Inc., located in beautiful Charlottesville, VA is looking to hire a Developer Sales Manager. This role requires you to actively drive and manage the customer-requirement and needs-evaluation stage of the sales process, assume the role of key technical advisor and product advocate for our solutions. This position performs wide range sales, training and support to existing and new accounts independently with little to no supervision. You will be responsible for selling Tools and Services for developer products. Must be able to interact with customers and staff (at all levels) in a fast paced environment, sometimes under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive, resourceful, efficient, with a high level of professionalism is crucial to this role. Expert level written and verbal communication skills, strong decision making ability and attention to detail are equally important.
We are the world's leading provider of affordable, PC-based protocol analyzers for special-purpose data communication networks. We provide products for Bluetooth, 802.11, NFC, SD, USB, Serial, Ethernet, a wide range of Industrial Protocols, Interoperability Testing, and our list is always expanding. Our products are used by many Fortune 500 Companies.
- Focused on technical needs of complex, emerging, or underpenetrated prospects.
- Has a fundamental understanding of all of Frontline’s solutions and is able to match those solutions to customer business needs.
- Will drive/create new opportunities and product selection within their accounts, and create demand activity using other technical resources as needed.
- Stay updated on current related technologies and attend training as needed.
- Initiate and schedule regular visits to the customer facility selling Frontline’s products and services.
- Create selling opportunities through a planned discovery process.
- Gain solid understanding of customer's needs and how to translate those needs to Frontline’s requirements or opportunities.
- Executes on solution selling through a working knowledge of Frontline’s solutions and services.
- Grow profit and maximize margins by selling value-added, long-term solutions, with emphasis on customer needs.
- Successfully create, organize and conduct engineering customer events, conferences, or engineering training.
- Support customers with their requests, technical needs and initiatives.
- Goal is to drive local market share in strategic assigned lines.
- Drive customer engineering relationships at multiple levels.
- Utilize existing and new resources to grow market share and sales.
- Build strong relationships with customers, purchasing and engineering in your respective assigned territories.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science
- 3-5 years of pre-sales support or sales engineering experience
- Bluetooth technology experience preferred
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication/interpersonal skills
- Requires a self-starter who has the ability to prioritize, multi-task and deal with pressure
- Time management, organization and customer service skills
- Excellent presentation design and delivery skills as well as ability to drive programs and manage projects
- Ability to sell, negotiate, persuade and influence.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships at all levels
Sr. Software Engineer
VP of Engineering
The Sr. Software Engineer will be a senior member of the engineering team and shall report to the VP of Engineering. He/she is responsible for the design and development of new products, as well as being responsible for feature and performance enhancements to existing products. In addition to technical leadership skills, this position requires a strong mixture individual contributor, product architecture, design, and implementation skills.
The Sr. Software Engineer is expected to provide direction and guidance to the organization. This person must have the skills and ability to define and lead projects through the complete product life cycle using Frontline’s development processes. Particular emphasis is on defining and delivering new features and products, but also includes increasing the efficiency and effectiveness of the development team, improving the development processes, and creating and promoting an efficient and high-quality software development environment.
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Specification, architecture, development, and delivery of new products and features.
- Develop complex software in C++, C, C#, or other selected languages for Frontline’s products while consistently following Frontline’s development methodology, coding standards, and release processes.
- Project planning and schedule creation.
- Feature and performance enhancements to existing products
- Individual contributor assignments including product definition, product architecture, software design, software code/implementation, integration, and design verification.
- May perform as a technical lead for products and project teams throughout the development cycle.
- Serve as a mentor to less experienced software engineers
- Participate in the evolution of Frontline’s software development environment and tools
- Be a model Frontline’s Core Values of Passion, Exceeding Customer Expectations, Integrity, Pursuit of Excellence, Ownership, Team Work, and Responsibility to Our Community.
- Must have superior system level product architecture and development background with communications products, protocol stacks, and device driver software with particular emphasis on hands-on experience in communications / data networking technology.
- Software Development: Experience as a software developer (both PC/Mac/Linux and real-time embedded environments). Knowledge and experience in cross platform (MAC, Windows, Linux), with C, C++, C#, .NET, and Java.
- More than 7 years of real time embedded and host software development experience
- Must have expert knowledge of software development tools and the software development life cycle. Must have superior structured development methodology and engineering process experience.
- Must be up-to-date on the latest technology and development techniques in all forms of communications systems and software development technologies.
- Must have completed numerous complete product development cycles that resulted in the delivery of successful products to the marketplace.
- Must have excellent project management skills to plan, lead, and manage projects through the definition, architecture, design, implementation, and design verification phases
- Must have solid writing, documentation, communication, and presentation skills.
Frontline is located in beautiful Charlottesville, VA, is the world's leading provider of affordable, PC-based protocol analyzers for special-purpose data communication networks. Our products are used by engineers around the world to develop products, maintain networks and to trouble-shoot equipment in the field. We provide products for Bluetooth, 802.11, 802.15.4, Ethernet, USB, Serial, a wide range of Industrial Protocols and our list is always expanding. Our products are used by many Fortune 500 Companies.
Frontline offers highly competitive compensation and benefits including: ESOP, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off, & Tuition Reimbursement.
For consideration, send resume with salary requirements to:
P O Box 7507
Charlottesville, VA 22906