Technical Support Representative
Frontline Test Equipment, Inc., located in beautiful Charlottesville, VA is looking to hire a Technical Support Representative. Under general supervision, in an in-bound call center environment, Technical Support Representatives will provide technical problem resolution to end-users (customers) by performing a question diagnosis while guiding users through step-by-step solutions. Support will be provided by clearly communicating technical solutions in a user-friendly, professional manner. Representatives will perform related work as required. Work hours will be 12pm to 9pm Monday through Friday.
We are the world's leading provider of affordable, PC-based protocol analyzers for special-purpose data communication networks. We provide products for Bluetooth, 802.11, NFC, SD, USB, Serial, Ethernet, a wide range of Industrial Protocols, Interoperability Testing, and our list is always expanding. Our products are used by many Fortune 500 Companies.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Knowledge Qualifications:
- Deliver service and support to end-users using and operating automated call distribution phone software
- Interact with customers to provide and process information in response to technical problems that come in through a help line
- Gather customer’s information and determine the issue by evaluating and analyzing the symptoms
- Enter all relevant data for record keeping into web based software
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues involving bluetooth connectivity
- Research required information using available resources
- Follow standard processes and procedures
- Identify and escalate priority issues per Client specifications
- Redirect problems to appropriate resource
- Accurately process and record call transactions using a computer and designated tracking software
- Follow up and make scheduled call backs to customers where necessary
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
- Proper phone etiquette
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Knowledge of relevant bluetooth technology
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Effective listening skills
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- 3+ years experience in a customer service environment where technical support at a Tier 1 / Tier 2 level is a primary job function
- Intermediate level knowledge of Windows Desktop operating systems, Windows/Mac is required; previous experience providing support is preferred; an advanced level knowledge is preferred
- Experience in handling technical support for Windows and Mac operating systems, anti-virus, software drivers, desktop assist software, etc
- A minimum of 3 years in a call center, inbound or outbound, handling all types of customer inquiries, returns, diffusing escalated calls, etc.
- Ability to diagnose basic to intermediate technical issues involving software applications and interfaces
- Demonstrate sound interpersonal skills and a commitment to provide accurate information to customers
- Demonstrate a positive attendance record and a commitment to arrive at work on time and when scheduled
WLAN Lead Test Engineer
WiFi QA Manager
This is an excellent opportunity to join Frontline Test Equipment’s Professional Services team. You will be working on cutting edge WLAN Equipment such as Access Points, Controllers, SOHO Routers, etc. We are looking for candidates who strive in a fast paced start like environment.
Frontline promotes open communications, empowerment, innovation, teamwork and customer success with a "pay for performance" culture. Thus, you set your own limits for learning, achievements and rewards.
You will be part of an experienced team working on servicing the next generation of Wi-Fi products. As the Lead Test Engineer, you will be responsible for debugging our client’s products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for their products while overseeing the quality control process for various projects.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills, Experience, and Qualifications:
- Conducting performance monitoring, testing and maintenance to insure the network is operating within specifications and expectations.
- Review existing network systems, security and processes. Make recommendations and assist in implementation.
- Contributing to the development of new technology/concepts to further enhance the QA process.
- Track and maintain hardware inventory through utilizing the inventory database.
- Help to troubleshoot hardware and software issues in the lab.
- Assist the team’s network Engineer resolve any system or network issues and documenting changes as necessary
- Perform general lab maintenance (i.e. cable management, equipment relocation and labeling)
- Communicate with customers, sales staff, or marketing staff to determine customer needs.
- Mentoring of junior engineers and technicians.
- Create test plans and test cases based on customer requirements.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols
- Experience with traffic generation tools such as iPerf, SmartBits, IXIA, VeriWave, etc.
- Experience with debugging tools such as packet sniffers and various analyzers
- Windows & Linux administration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Well versed in QA Methodologies
- Order equipment needed for lab operation and maintenance
- Basic ability to work independently and manage one´s time.
- OS: Windows/Linux/Cisco IOS
- Server Applications: Active Directory, RADIUS, AAA Servers,
- Network Hardware: Cisco, Juniper, Extreme, Check Point, Meru, Aruba, D-Link, Linksys, Netgear
- Routing Protocols: Static Routes, RIP, OSPF, etc.
- LAN/WLAN Technologies: Ethernet, 802.1 ad, 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, VLAN
- Security: Access Lists, SSH, IPSEC, VPN, SSL, 802.1x
- Experience or Certifications in one or more of the following is preferred: MCSE, CCNA/ CCNP, CISSP
- Prior customer support experience is preferred.
Good communication skills and strong capabilities as a team leader/member!!!
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent plus 3+ years practical experience in Quality Assurance Testing.
Frontline is located in beautiful Charlottesville, VA, is the world's leading provider of affordable, PC-based protocol analyzers for special-purpose data communication networks. Our products are used by engineers around the world to develop products, maintain networks and to trouble-shoot equipment in the field. We provide products for Bluetooth, 802.11, 802.15.4, Ethernet, USB, Serial, a wide range of Industrial Protocols and our list is always expanding. Our products are used by many Fortune 500 Companies.
Frontline offers highly competitive compensation and benefits including: ESOP, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability, 401(k) with company match, Paid Time Off, & Tuition Reimbursement.
For consideration, send resume with salary requirements to:
P O Box 7507
Charlottesville, VA 22906